As we were checking in Luka's neighbor, who also happens to be his cousin, came over to tell me I was the color of cheese and laughed at me. Now I realize that I am a little pale but really- cheese? It makes me sound like I am sickly or lumpy, like cottage cheese. I think milk would have been a kinder desciptive word to use but I just smiled until he went away.
Apparently nothing goes better with a stomach full of meat than free shots of tequila because that is what they brought out with our bill. We reluctantly took the shots, chased them with water and three pieces of gum and waddled home.
We finally met some Aussies (we are surprised it took so long as usually they are everywhere) and had a few drinks (1 bottle of vodka) with them on our patio. Good times were had.
Our second day in Hvar (the 18th- Happy Birthday to Daddy K and Mama J!) we did more climbing. This time we hiked to a fortress at the top of a hill. We saw a lizard.
We went back to our hostel and packed a picnic with the intention of exploring the surrounding islands. Then we rented a boat. Looking back, they probably shouldn't have rented us a boat when it took us 20 pulls to get the engine started. If you won't rent a moped to American girls in Greece, why would you rent them a boat in Croatia?
Last night, after we got our land legs back, we went to Carpe Diem which is supposed to be one of the best clubs in Croatia. It is off season now so it wasn't quite as 'umpin as we anticipated but we enjoyed our mojitos and bellinis nontheless.
Today we are off to Dubrovnik. HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY Marcus!!

4 comments:
yayyyyy MARCUS!
Not being a devout carnivor, that Meat Platter sure looked good!
Cheers!
D.
I am lovin' your travelogue. I am so glad that Jim and I got to travel when we did. There is nothing better. Kim-you are so the color of milk (and honey).
Keep on having fun!
Nancy
I say peaches and cream!!!!
Post a Comment