Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Origin of G*Women

A long time ago, in Junior year of high school, Amanda held a soiree at her house before Tolo. The ladies went up to Amanda's room to fix our hair and make sure we looked stunning before we left and to my astonishment, her ENTIRE closet was covered top to bottom with pictures of David Duchovny. I turned to her with a look of amazement on my face- "You think David Duchovny is hot too?" We have been inseparable ever since.

Our first three years of friendship pretty much revolved around our obsession with David Duchovny (and of course our love for the X-Files). We would tenderly tear pictures out of magazines as gifts to each other, we would decorate our school binders with photos of DD, we would write poems for class assignments about DD (our English teacher was infatuated too). We even fought over who most resembled Scully. I can now say, 8 years later, that Amanda wins this one (though I look more like the vampire chick and if you have seen it you know that that was one hot kiss).

G-Women comes from one of our many attempts to relate anything and everything in our lives to David Duchovny. If you have ever seen "Pusher" (season 3 episode 17- you should watch it) Robert Modell aka Pusher tells Mulder "Let your fingers do the walking, G Man." Mulder hangs up the phone, turns to Scully and says "Let's go G Woman." Amanda and I instantly latched on to that phrase and have dreamed of hearing it from DD's lips ever since!

3 comments:

- K said...

Amanda definately looks more like Scully... sorry Kim :)

june cleaver's ingenue said...

you DO look like the vampire chick! season two? three?

wow, i'm lame.

have fun girls!

-carly

Nancy said...

Hi guys
I am also a fan of DD. I was wondering if you had heard that he has entered rehab for sexual addiction. Seems the Mrs missed promoting her latest film at the Toronto Film Festival because of her bad boy. Hmmmmmm
Love hearing about your adventures. Kim, get those feet in the air whenever you can. And I don't mean whilst doing anything like that!
Travel safe.
Nanc